Long term car rental
Long term car rental is now seen as a cheaper alternative to car leasing. Learn more about the options available from UK car hire providers offering cheap long term deals for 2022/2023.
Car hire deal finder
Who offers long term car rentals in the UK?
Many popular UK car hire companies have long term deals available for between 28 and 90 days including Avis, Hertz, Enterprise, Sixt and Europcar.
If you're looking for a flexible and cost-effective alternative to car leasing, why not consider a long term car rental.
Top car hire companies offer long-term deals on car hire that can be renewed for periods of up to 90 days. Daily rates are often much lower on long term rentals than on normal rentals.
Avis is one of the most well known names in car hire worldwide with 1000's of pickup points across the world. Its long term car rental periods range from 30 to 90 days.
Long term rentals include car insurance cover (vehicle, theft, windscreen), servicing & maintenance, road tax and roadside assistance. Other benefits are:
- Wide range of quality & well-maintained vehicles available
- Mileage allowance of 2,250 miles for 30 day period†
- No extra costs or hidden fees
- No early return penalty - after 30 days
- Simple to renew - after 90 days
- No charge for normal wear and tear to vehicles
† - Additional miles within the rental period are priced at 15p per mile (excluding VAT).
With over 400 branches across the UK, Enterprise is a popular choice for long term rentals, with their Month-or-More plan.
Enterprise offers a wide choice of cars and vans for long periods in the UK from small runabouts to SUVs and people carriers. Whether hiring a vehicle for business or privately, there are lots of options available.
- Free pick up service
- 24-hour roadside assistance
- Rental periods can be renewed after 28 days
- Long term rental specialist staff at many branches
Europcar offers flexible long term car and van rental for 28 days or more - up to 84 days. You can also earn one Nectar point for every pound* you spend on car hire for the UK.
Choose from almost 150 pickup locations across the UK including popular cities and towns plus regional airports and train stations. Europcar offers fixed prices from just £335 for 28 days rental.
- Quick & simple booking process with 6 easy steps
- Flexible mileage options (from 840, 2,520 and 3,360 miles per month)
- Unlimited free additional drivers†
- Free delivery and collection service†
† - Pay deposit of £250 to receive benefits of free extra drivers, Deliver & Collect*, free valet every 28 days or change vehicle (provided it's in the same vehicle category).
To book a long term car rental with the Europcar, simply select the following:
- Monthly mileage option
- Insurance cover
- Make payment
The Hertz 28 Days+ allows you to book longer term car hire for 28 days or more with a flexible no strings attached plan. Hertz offers a free additional driver and monthly valet service.
As one of most trusted names in car hire, unsurpisingly Hertz offers a wide range of vehicles for long term rental with plans for both business and personal use.
- Single monthly all-inclusive payment
- Includes maintenance & 24/7 breakdown cover
- Cars available at over 130 UK locations
- Wide choice of vehicles from small cars to vans
- No upfront payments or early return fees
- Free delivery & collection service
- Free valet service each month
- Free extra driver
- Earn loyalty points with Hertz Gold Plus
Book a hire car for 4 weeks or more with Sixt at affordable prices compared with short-term car leasing. Sixt has over 100 branches located across the UK to choose from.
Long term deals on UK car hire start from just £99 a week when booked for 4 weeks or more. Simply search* for your exact dates and preferred pickup location to find vehicle options and prices.
- No hidden fees or charges
- 24 hour roadside protection
- Large fleet of vehicles
- Lower daily rates for long-term rental periods
- Business customers save up to 25%
Popular UK locations for long term car rental
Whether you're looking for a rental car for an extended holiday or multiple trips over a 30 day period, there are many UK pickup locations where long term cars are available.
Below is a list of some of the most popular locations:
Where can you compare long term prices?
How long can you hire car in the UK?
In the UK you can hire a car for up to 90 days, although many car hire companies will offer extensions once you get to 28 days.
How old do you have to be to rent a car in the UK?
In the UK you have to be 21 years old or more to hire a car. There are restrictions on the car type for 21-25 year olds and additional requirements and charges may apply.
Still looking for the best car hire deal for 2022/2023? Check out the latest special offers and exclusive discount codes available from leading car hire companies and booking engines or read more about car hire options.
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.